Standard Finishing
4OverXerox

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Kodak Prinergy to Screen PT-R8000 (with ApoServe8 ?) - Need TIFF Catcher?

Collapse
Canon
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kodak Prinergy to Screen PT-R8000 (with ApoServe8 ?) - Need TIFF Catcher?

The owners here purchased a used Screen PT-R8000 platesetter. The platesetter came with a PC that has ApoServe8 installed on it. It also has Apogee Prepress Manager, so I am guessing it is a Agfa product, part of the Apogee workflow. When I Google ApoServe, I get no results. I am trying to figure out what that is. My guess was that since it came with the platesetter it must be some sort of TIFF catcher? Does anyone know what this is?

The owner are looking to replace our existing Workflow (very old Artworks Systems Nexus RIP, Preps, Agfa PrintDrive Series 3) with the Kodak Prinergy system. Kodak is telling them that to go from the Prinergy to the Screen Platesetter, we need a Xitron Raster Blaster TIFF interface at an additional expense on top of the proposed package.

I am being asked to research and find an alternative. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Blanche Brantley
    Prepress Manager
    MLI Marketing Solutions
    (aka Martin Lithograph, Inc.)

Prinergy generates Tiff 1 Bit, If your old Rip Appo server reads 1 bit Tiff treat this lik queue. What communicaction have computer do CTP - SCSI or blue box?

Comment

Originally posted by yachtsman View Post
      Prinergy generates Tiff 1 Bit, If your old Rip Appo server reads 1 bit Tiff treat this lik queue. What communicaction have computer do CTP - SCSI or blue box?
      Carefull, PGY can generate 1 bit tiffs but depending on whether connect or evo you may require a license.

Comment

Contact me for PGY license if need

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and help. It looks like we will end up biting the bullet and getting the Raster Blaster.

Have a great day everyone!

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAMSEnfocus

Free Download

Collapse

Trade Show Survey=
          Instant October Trade Show Survey
          Come On! Only 5 Questions

PRINT 19 and PRINTING United are squaring off in October.
          Will you be at one of them?
          Both? Neither?
          Please take our 1-Minute survey to tell us about your plans for the two big fall shows!

Take The Survey.

CanonXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiGraph Expo4OverKBAAMSAvantiEnfocusGraph Expo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3374 users online. 39 members and 3335 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
          X