Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comparison of Deep-Etch to digital thermal plates

Does anybody still do deep-etch plates? Just wondering how it compares to the best in digital thermal plates...

Hello Bronze Blue,

Answer: No one produces "Deep Etch" plates" they were phased out in the late 1960s - making these

plates took about 3 hours per plate B1 size.

Regards, Alois

Comment

Goodness, no wonder! I have heard (but no confirmation) that they are still sometimes used for postal stamps.

Comment

Originally posted by ReflexBlueHorror View Post
        Goodness, no wonder! I have heard (but no confirmation) that they are still sometimes used for postal stamps.
        These days AFAIK postage stamps are printed using offset, and thermal plates. In Canada they’re printed 10 micron FM and I believe Canada Post also prints stamps for other countries. You can go to their website and order full uncut sheets of stamps.

Comment

The LithKemKo company might have been the last company selling deep etch plate chemistry , but when I joined Anchor/LithKemKo in 1985 there was no one there that remembered making any.
          Daniel T Roll
          904-305-2517

Comment

Hello Gentlemen and fellow "Lithographers" - if any are still alive !

The Deep Etch Process.

Seeing that this post as raised some interest, I'm posting some PDFs that hopefully will be of interest and value.

I'm sure that the converts to "DoP" Plates will be amazed! On a personal note, one of the PDFs is from my class notes when I

attended a leading UK school of printing.

Regards, Alois

Platemaking - Deep Etch Pg 1 056.pdf

Howson's Deep Etch Instruction Sheet # 1057.pdf

My Class Notes 1960s058.pdf

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Automation Article

Collapse

Avanti
            Why Would You Ever Want To Automate?
            It seems far too complex, costs money, involves a lot of people, will take time etc etc. And then you run out of excuses. Read the article.

Canon4OverKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2914 users online. 36 members and 2878 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,611 at 11:23 AM on 02-27-2019.

Working...
            X