CTP for Toray waterless plates

donslav12

Hi
Excuse me if I am repeating previous thread, but I could not find any relevant info on the subject.
Our company is using negative waterless plates on a narrow web machine and we are looking to buy a CTP that can handle 500+ plates per mount. At the same time the CTP will have to process conventional plates as well.

Any ideas and/or suggestions will be most appreciated.

Regards
S.

Magnus 400 can as well, to be honest every {thermal} (edited by Jaco) platesetter will expose Toray plates, the difference is processor and chemistry.

Last edited:
Magnus 400 can as well, to be honest every platesetter will expose Toray plates, the difference is processor and chemistry.

LoWang,

Toray is a thermal sensitive plate so the CtP must be a thermal laser CtP. Most all thermal CtP have been qualified with Toray but not all are. Do not assume a CtP is. Best bet would be sure by asking the vendor on their plate qualifications.

Regards,

Mark

CTP for Toray Plates

CTP for Toray Plates

Donslav12,

Toray waterless CTP plates are certified for use with Heidelberg, KPG/Creo, Screen and Luescher 830NM thermal imagers.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any specific questions regarding the Toray CTP waterless products.

Eric Friedman
Sales Manager; Waterless
Toray International America, Inc.
[email protected]
843 693 7949

As LoWang said the Magnus400 is known to handle these plates very well. As far as procesossors go , I thing that you will need two different processors to handle Toray plates and conventional plates.

Screen PT-R

Screen PT-R

I think that Screen is best for waterless plates. There is no problem with plate loading and displacement sensors during exposure.

Stochast, can you give some information on imaging toray CTP plates on Dimension Excel. I tried but there is no image formation on the plate.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back