Fuji's Dart 4300E vs Heidelberg's Suprasetter A 52 - I NEED OPINIONS!!!

c323k

Hey, everyone...my manager put me to the task of ditching our out imagesetter and wanting to go to CTP...I've had demos with Screen and Fuji going over their TrueFlow Workflow but have decided that we will not go with a WorkFlow for now...However, we still want to go CTP...I've narrowed it down to two systems

*FUJI's Dart 4300E vs Heidelberg's Suprasetter A 52*

if anyone has used these or has opinions on EITHER or both of these platemakers, please feel free to post them on here so I can review them...I am leaning towards the Dart simply because we've had a few webinars on this whereas we have only met with a rep from Heidelberg and have not been given any webinar or anything like that. Anybody's opinion will help...thanks, in advance.

Ck...

Re: Fuji's Dart 4300E vs Heidelberg's Suprasetter A 52 - I NEED OPINIONS!!!

Hi Chris,

Not sure I can help you with your choice, but I can say we bought a SupraSetter A52 last july, and it is a great machine!. We also have the Prinect MetaDimension Rip
and use Prinect SignaStation for impositioning and Montages. Now I wish we would have done this much earlier. Before this we only had a film-recorder and had to make the plates manually.

What is the reason you don't want a workflow? The word 'workflow' sounds scarier than it really is...

Re: Fuji's Dart 4300E vs Heidelberg's Suprasetter A 52 - I NEED OPINIONS!!!

Thanks for the input on the Suprasetter...I appreciate it...

Here at work, we just purchased a Canon 7000 color printer that does variable data as well, so that's taken over most of our "full-color" jobs from the presses...we mainly just print 1-2 color envelopes, letterheads and things of that nature...we're considering sticking with a new Harelquin Rip system because of that...I don't think we would benefit from the workflow fully at this time...hopefully print jobs keep coming our way and we can go that next step to a workflow in the future...thanks again for the input...

Again, if anyone else has an opinion on either a Suprasetter A52 or a Dart 4300E, please leave it here, albeit good or bad...thanks!

Ck...

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back