Correction Pen for Kodak Thermal Direct Plates

Fatboysmart

Hello All,

Can anyone tell me which correction pen to use on Kodak Thermal Direct plates? I have tried just about any correction pen we have (from the old days with standard CTF plates), but none of them work.

Anyone?

Re: Correction Pen for Kodak Thermal Direct Plates

Hello,

Kodaks European Customer information manual says:

deletion pens:
Ultrachem one touch deletion pen
Pacific Chemical image remover CTP #4

I can' t tell you for the States, however.

Regards

Hello Hans-Juergen,

Thanks for your info. I contacted our supplier (Tetterode Holland), and they would contact Kodak to try and order the pen you mentioned. I hope this one works!

Thanks again!

Kind Regards... from Holland.

We have been having the same problem with deletion pens on the Kodak Sword Excel plates. None of our vendors came up with one that worked well or didn't dry out after a few uses. Our press operators use blanket fix or the stuff thats use to strip paint / varnish off of wood. It usually takes two applications to completely remove the image. In the plate room I use plate developer. I put a drop on image I want to remove and let it sit for 10 min or more then repeat again if needed.

What about Kodak Gold plates, are there any deletions pens that will work with them?

> {quote:title=Fatboysmart wrote:}{quote}
> Hello All,
>
> Can anyone tell me which correction pen to use on Kodak Thermal Direct plates? I have tried just about any correction pen we have (from the old days with standard CTF plates), but none of them work.
>
> Anyone?

I got some information from a contact @ Kodak RE: Touching up TD's.... We've used the deletion pens w/ great success for a while, just recently had an issue that required an addition (and ordered a set of addition pens, however, we haven't used them yet).

+Here is the information:+

+Thermal Direct non process plates+

+Additions - Kodak Aqua Image addition pen+

+Deletions+
+Baseline CTP-#CTP-1000+
+ITW Marktex metal plate image remover #2201+
+A-1 deletion pen U.N. 1760 - Maple Leaf Associates, LLC+

+Short-term plate storage+
+Kodak Aqua Image plate cleaner / preserver+

- Mac

Edited by: Mac on Oct 9, 2007 6:14 PM

I know this is a little late but we have always used "Corr-Quick" image remover pens. They work for positive and negative plates. They worked great with the Kodak Sword plates. We now use Kodak Trillian plates and these pens work great with them as well. I hope you have one that works for you! :)

A little late? Eleven years? ROTFL.

But good advice is always appreciated!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back