Crop left or right side of a page

KC2SCY

Hello all,

I have a page that has a 4 side bleed and I need to crop out the left or right side depending if the page is odd or even.
Whats the best approach here. I have Pit-stop pro 10X.

If you're talking about cropping the PDF, can you not just go into the crop tool in Acrobat and crop all 'odd' pages by 10mm (or how ever much it is) left and all 'even' pages by 10mm

No, after some looking around I found a different solution to my problem and cropping was no longer needed.

problem:
I needed to eliminate the bleed on the right hand or left hand side of a page that was going into the spine of the book.

My solutions :

I was able to build a preflight profile for the left and right hand side pages. by using the page setting and the page info tabs I was able to to check if elements were to close to the page edge along with the ability to make sure I had enough bleed on the other three sides.

I add theses profiles to Pitstop server and create two new queues Even and Odd wrote small program to routed the file to each queue, and I was able get what I needed done.

thank you for your reply.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back