action-list event for "current page" ?

pnamajck

pitstop pro 10

i created several actions for applying cutbacks of specific static dimensions . . . i wish for these actions to be performed only on the current page. i highlight the action in the action-list window and, before hitting "run", i need to choose "current page" from the pull-down menu.

i would like to incorporate "current page" into the action. i started thinking this action could be run using "user select" for the trigger. so, i accessed "select pages" event in the "page" category of the action-list editor . . . there is no "current page" choice. furthermore, i cannot come up with any work-around which would facilitate such entry.

if "select pages" event contained "current page" . . . we could utilize this event to run the action upon "user selection".

would enfocus consider including this in future update of "pitstop pro 10" ? thanks in advance. :p

hi there, we just discussed this a little in the office and would like to understand the use case for this?
Surely it's more flexible to be able to specify which pages you want to run the action on at runtime, rather than have it embedded within the action?
That's not to say we won't do it, we would just like to understand more about why it would be needed. The action would then of course be limited to PitStop Pro, not PitStop Server as 'current page' does not exist in Server.
BTW we just announced PitStop 11 :)

sure . . . and, what follows, is just from my point-of-view (exposure) . . .

client wants a 32pg smyth . . . they submit 40pg . . . 4pg-fr-es . . . 4pg-bk-es . . . 32pg prime-content.

i extract first 4pg as front-endsheet . . . i extract last 4pg as back-endsheet. need cutbacks for end of fr-es . . . as well as beginning of bk-es. also need cb for first 'n last page of contents.

now . . . case-in-point . . . my co-workers engage the action . . . they forget to click "current-page" . . . cb's applied to all 4pg or complete 40pgs in document.

or, i open 332pg document . . . i want to remove print-marks off only the first page . . .

well . . . anyway . . . get the feeling i am just being sand-bagged here . . . so, never mind my suggestion. i will continue working with software as it is.

and . . . yes . . . you are pre-releasing pitstop_11 free-upgrade (until may) . . . appreciate you letting us in on this . . . already talked with my super about it.

will let it rest here . . . sorry to disrupt everyone's concentration here-to-for.

Thanks for the explanation, don't feel that you're being sand-bagged, but I needed to understand why you needed it
If we asked a developer to do this the first question they would ask me is 'why?' the option is already available, so now I understand the use case.
Not promising anything, but I will add a feature request and bring it to the attention of the relevant product manager.
I have also sent you a PM about something else that might be of interest to you.

'ppreciate your interest, abc . . .

was a major hurdle just upgrading from pitstop_7.52 to pitstop_pro_10 . . . previous to that we used pitstop_4.0 (first year 'scrubber' was included in actions) ?

hi-five . . . :D

Last edited:
I too have wanted to be able to specify "curent page" or "user selection" within the action list. For now, I build the action list, assign it to a quickrun, and specify the "run on" in the quickrun. I believe the "run on" options changed in 10. OK, I admit, Natacha showed me this. This is a belated reply, so perhaps you have already solved. Best.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back