Tools going missing

gumbylives

Hi,
I am running Mac OSX 10.4.11 with Adobe 8.1.2 with Pitstop Pro ver 7.5. I am wondering if anyone has had this problem. One day I open up Acrobat and I can't find my eyedropper or pitstop measure tools. Yet in my preferences they are checked off.
Is there anything I can do to fix this? If I dumped my preferences which ones should I dump?
Any help would be appreciated.
cheers
Gumby

Re: Tools going missing

not sure about this, but try:

Library/preferences/enfocus prefs folder/ PitStopPro.sprefs

put it on your desktop so in case it gets mucked up, you can put it back.

good luck,
David

Hi Gumby,

Can you check you toolbar options in the view menu? Are they still activated?

Can you check you Acrobat preferences to see if the 'Certified Plug-ins only' check is on? You find it in the 'General' category. PitStop isn't a certified plug-in, so it won't start if you have this option enabled.

If that doesn't work, you need to know that there are two locations for preferences:
HD:Library:preferences:Enfocus Prefs folder
HD:Users:Your user:preferences:Enfocus Prefs folder
The most important preferences I think are
- the two database folder 'Action Lists' & 'PDF Profiles'.
- The color repository
- Report templates ( if you've custom templates)

I would try to move one of the two folders two your desktop and launch Acrobat. If it works you can start copying files from the Enfocus Prefs folder on your desktop to the new Enfocus Prefs folder created on the specific location.

Hope it helps.

Cheers,
Brain

Hi, I figured it out...silly Acrobat 8. I had to view, toolbar, more tools and select which ones I wanted.
thanks for your help.
Gumby

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back