Mac Freehand to Enfocus InstandPDF goes RGB

Hi
We've tried two variations on this -

We have a standard InstantPDF print queue we use in all our shops, and it works 100%, except for the case below, which involves a Mac.

from Mac Freehand to Enfocus Pitstop/Acrobat Pro 7 Virtual Printer on same Mac - Enfocus stops the job due to RGB colours, even though original artwork is only CMYK.

from Mac Freehand to Enfocus Pitstop/Acrobat Pro 7 on XP shared Virtual Printer - Enfocus on the PC also stops the job due to RGB colours, even though original artwork is only CMYK.

What am i doing wrong? I cannot get a Successfull InstantPDF print job out of this mac, and i dont want to autoconvert colour spaces to CMYK...
any ideas?

Re: Mac Freehand to Enfocus InstandPDF goes RGB

Why not just drop the eps file from Freehand on distiller? I never was a fan of instant anything myself.

almaink,

All Instant PDF does is creating a PS file and using distiller to create the PDF file. So, in my opinion that would have the same result.

Louis,

have you checked with the preflight report what is actually causing this RGB error. You can use the object links to find out which object(s) is causing the error.
Are you using the generic Instant PDF Queues installed with the software? Which one? Maybe you can try adding your own joboptions to the PDF Queue.
In my opinion, an image or illustration is causing this.

Cheers,
Brain

"All Instant PDF does is creating a PS file and using distiller to create the PDF file. So, in my opinion that would have the same result."

Yes but if he has distiller options set to convert to RGB that could be the problem.

Almaink,

<Yes but if he has distiller options set to convert to RGB that could be the problem.>

Completely correct! But that has nothing to do with Instant PDF being wrong, right?

Louis,

If this is the case, please add different (custom) joboptions to your PDF Queue. You can do this in the PDF Queue editor in advanced view.

Cheers,
Brain

The common thread when printing composite is "freehand". I'd like to see the postscript file that comes from freehand. I can't remember if freehand generates its own postscript or if it relies on the host OS. If it's the latter case, then you're S.O.L.

Do not use .pdf format if you are in freehand 11.0.2 below. As you may know, there are lots of bugs in freehand thats why adobe buy the product and they did not upgrade. Instead they use illustrator to save pdf files. Do it via .eps format and do not forget to click CMYK not RGB. Then open any RIP program and save to .pdf.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back