Background image dropping out of PDF from Pitstop

I have a newspaper layout with a small, simple advertisement in the bottom left corner. I opened the .pdf up from Workshop into Acrobat. The advertisement on the top right corner is 4 color black. I converted that layout to grayscale 100%k using Pitstop. Save the .pdf and return to Workshop. Now, the background image in the bottom left corner of the spread (of which I did not touch) has dropped out of the ad completely when I re-open the .pdf from Workshop.

As a designer, I've encountered this issue with improper object "linking" in both InDesign and Quark. But I don't think this is a linking issue from the client but moreso some sort of conversion issue when I re-saved the .pdf from Acrobat 8.

Can anyone offer an explanation and/or solution for this issue? I ended up exporting the .pdf as a .eps and re-imported the .eps into Workshop, which fixed the image from dropping out.

Thanks in Advance,
--Chris

Re: Background image dropping out of PDF from Pitstop

Check for OPI links in the PDF with Pitstop.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back