Action list: Select all 100% of C,M,Y,K and tagged with some ICC

pennismen

I would like select all 100% C, 100% M, 100% Y and 100% K for "NO COLOR CONVERSION" but after all conver to CMYK. I am try "select all with ICC", use OPERATOR "AND" with "SELECT COLOR - 100% C", but no work fine.

I work in prepress and after this days i was using Color Convert of Acrobat, the problem come when try convert colors and compression is JPG (Acrobat Re-Compress the images in LOW QUALITY). I want find a solution for when a custome send me PDF with differents ICC and SAVE PRIMARY COLORS in color convertion.

Thanks for the reply and if is possible i can't do but try i tried (spend 3hours with Action list).

Best regards, Pennismen.

So if I understand you correctly you want to do a CMYK-CMYK color conversion and preserve the primary colors?

I guess you could make it work with text and vector graphics with an Action List (have to test) , but it certainly won't work with images.

You would need a correctly configured Devicelink profile for this, if you have such a Devicelink you can use it in PitSTop as there is an Action to use Devicelinks, but that's the only way I can think of that would work.

I would like select all 100% C, 100% M, 100% Y and 100% K for "NO COLOR CONVERSION" but after all conver to CMYK. I am try "select all with ICC", use OPERATOR "AND" with "SELECT COLOR - 100% C", but no work fine.

The operators in Action Lists come after the selection, so the order would be "Select color", "Select by tagged ICC profile", "AND", and then the action you want to perform. However, I think you have an additional problem. When an object is tagged with an ICC profile it is in the color space ICCBased. You can see that when you select the object and look at its fill properties with PitStop Inspector. Does it say "CMYK Color" or "ICC Profile Color"? Probably the second. This means that trying to select by the CMYK build is not going to work, because the object is not a CMYK object. Its alternate color space is CMYK, though, but that is a different thing.

When you build the action list, proceed as follows. Select one object that has the desired properties. Build the Action List, use the action "Select color", but instead of using "Device CMYK", use "User Swatch" and grab the fill from the selected object with the eyedropper. Then add "Select by tagged ICC profile", "AND", ...

Freddy

So if I understand you correctly you want to do a CMYK-CMYK color conversion and preserve the primary colors?

I guess you could make it work with text and vector graphics with an Action List (have to test) , but it certainly won't work with images.

You would need a correctly configured Devicelink profile for this, if you have such a Devicelink you can use it in PitSTop as there is an Action to use Devicelinks, but that's the only way I can think of that would work.

I don't want use DeviceLink first because no have way to generate one, and i would like use Action list.

The operators in Action Lists come after the selection, so the order would be "Select color", "Select by tagged ICC profile", "AND", and then the action you want to perform. However, I think you have an additional problem. When an object is tagged with an ICC profile it is in the color space ICCBased. You can see that when you select the object and look at its fill properties with PitStop Inspector. Does it say "CMYK Color" or "ICC Profile Color"? Probably the second. This means that trying to select by the CMYK build is not going to work, because the object is not a CMYK object. Its alternate color space is CMYK, though, but that is a different thing.

When you build the action list, proceed as follows. Select one object that has the desired properties. Build the Action List, use the action "Select color", but instead of using "Device CMYK", use "User Swatch" and grab the fill from the selected object with the eyedropper. Then add "Select by tagged ICC profile", "AND", ...

1.- Example: Square with Fill 100% Cian and ICC tagged "Coated 39" with PitStop Inspector i see CMYK like color space but for PitStop i think that he understand like CMYK ICC Based and this is the problem for select this kind of swatch.

2.- Your solution based in User Swatch is a good method but i don't like have 1 Action list for every profile that exist. The idea is could select by color CMYK ICC based and could transform like i want.

If this isn't possible i think that ENFOCUS should enable this in future versions not are limited to select swatch withouth ICC tagged.

This work do it very well ACROBAT but my problem come when convert color, preserve primaries and compression in file is JPG (resample images with LOW quality).

Thanks guys for the info and if discover how do it... i will share.

Thanks for the update Pennismen, we'll add the feature request to our list of customer requests.

If you could drop support a mail ([email protected]) with your suggestion, we will add your email address to the request so you can be involved in beta testing when it's ready

Thanks for the update Pennismen, we'll add the feature request to our list of customer requests.

If you could drop support a mail ([email protected]) with your suggestion, we will add your email address to the request so you can be involved in beta testing when it's ready

Dear friend, thank you for reply me in this question, i have sended a mail to "[email protected]" and they answered me that will take the idea of can select by color and any icc tagged.

Apologies for not reply before but this week i was very busy and can't connect for reply.

Best regards, Alfonso.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back