Action Lists

kaiserwilhelm

I currently have action lists that delete out colors such as: LASER, LASERBLUE, LASERBROWN, etc.

I am looking for a way to setup an action to delete out anything with LASER in it.
IE, LASER*
Where "*" means anything after the word LASER?

Doable?

I'm sure abc will give you a good solution via private message, but in case you're still waiting, and for the benefit of everyone else not getting the private message:

If you have a fixed number of possible ink names, you could build the action list like this:

Select spot color (selecting "LASER")
Select spot color (selecting "LASERBLUE")
OR
Select spot color (selecting "LASERBROWN")
OR
Select spot color (selecting "LASER...")
OR
Select spot color (selecting "LASER...")
OR
<repeat until all possibilities exhausted, ending with "OR">
Remove selection

If you want to keep the action list shorter, you could do this:

Rename spot color (with every "LASER..." renamed to "LASER")
Select spot color (selecting "LASER")
Remove selection

If all the possibilities are unknown or if there are too many, the only thing I can think of would be to make a custom ICC profile that yields a single RGB value for any input value, then use an Acrobat fixup to convert any spots beginning with "LASER" to that profile, then convert that RGB color back to the spot using a fixup. You could then deal with the single spot ink with Pitstop. Acrobat's preflight lets you find all spot inks that begin with a given string, but cannot directly rename those as far as I know, hence the convoluted procedure.

I'm still on Pitstop 7 - they may have expanded the selection capabilities since then.

Thanks Matt, I thought you would get it immediately ....

Kyle, you might want to put in a request for an upgrade to version 12

@kaiserwilhelm

You sent me a PM but your Printplanet mailbox is full so I can't reply. Can you either email me or make some space?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back