Change color of scanned file in PDF.

We receive files in PDF format that include scanned text and odjects. The black text is CMYK and need to change to K. Can PitStop do this? I am new to the capabilities of PitStop and trying to learn.

Re: Change color of scanned file in PDF.

You select it with the Pitstop tool and you can either open Pitstop Inspector and change the values to 0% CMY and 100% Black and it will change the text you have selected or you can open Global Change and click the Grab button to select your target color and then type in your CMYK values and click run. That will change all text of that value on either the current selection, current page, whole document or page ranges you select. You just specify where you want it apply it to.

I just noticed you said scanned text. If it's scanned text it is trickier. If the scan is just text select the image with Pitsop, open Inspector and click the button to convert it to grayscale. If there is also color objects in the image that you don't want to change you'll have to use the Object Tool in Acrobat and open in Photoshop and change it manually. When you save from Photoshop it will save back into the PDF.

We do the same thing with scanned images..just use the acrobat touch up object tool..

When I use the touchup object tool and open in PS all of image turns black

The black copy should be 100% K

and the phone numbers 100% M

you can simply run one of preset action lists that converts everything to grayscale using only K.

We use a Pitstop Action I made called "All black to real black" to convert any RGB/CMYK blacks to 100% K (grayscale) based on a color range - if it's dark enough to image as black, it's converted to full black. Of course, this is for an all digital shop, so it wouldn't be appropriate for everyone.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back