Does Pitstop run in Mac OS 10.5?

jimlin

IT is trying to move all on macs to Leopard.

Currently our small group uses Pitstop in Acrobat 7 on OS 10.4. Will we have issues running Pitstop on system 10.5

Re: Does Pitstop run in Mac OS 10.5?

I use it everyday. I have the latest version of Pitstop though so I can't speak of earlier versions. I do use Acrobat 7 with it too as Acrobat 8 is not a useable product at this point in time.

Thanks, Joe.

I got the feeling that Acrobat 8 was the version written for Intel Macs, right? So running v 7 would mean Rosetta... (as in my quark post, we are eventually moving to new, ie Intel, Macs)

Yes but Acrobat 7 is better running under Rosetta than Acrobat 8 running natively.

I see that written a lot. I for one have had no problems with A8 in 10.5
Yes, it is bloated beyond belief. However, I hit it hard every single day with no issues.
Again, running a brand new Mac Pro with 10 gig of ram might be the difference.

> {quote:title=kaiserwilhelm wrote:}{quote}
> I see that written a lot. I for one have had no problems with A8 in 10.5
> Yes, it is bloated beyond belief. However, I hit it hard every single day with no issues.
> Again, running a brand new Mac Pro with 10 gig of ram might be the difference.

All the processor power and ram in the world isn't going to reduce the extra 8 billion mouse clicks it takes to get a job out in Acrobat 8. :)

Edited by: Joe on May 14, 2008 2:58 AM

It will work fine. Just make sure you are using PitStop Pro 7.52. Acrobat 8 I have been told by some has problems on 10.5. I haven't had any major problems myself though. I haven't had any negative feedback from clients about Acrobat 8 and 10.5 with PitStop.

under Mac OS X 10.5 on my 2x2GHz Dual Core the PitStop 7.5 runs fine and dandy

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back