PitStop Pro compatibility with Acrobat DC

Hi Semi-tech
You won't have any issues with PitStop 13 update 2 and Adobe Acrobat DC, all the issues/icons etc have been worked out long ago.
FYI Acrobat and PitStop are installed locally on your computer, the cloud bit is licensing and other added value.

Please be aware your PitStop 11 will not work on Acrobat DC. Acrobat DC is a 64bit application on Macintosh, and your PitStop 11 is only 32bit, so you will need to upgrade to version 13 to work with DC. There's also a lot of new added functionality of course in versions 12 and 13, so you'll have a lot more more tools and options to play with.

This is good. We're planning to install on a currently unused Mac and try things there first. Once everything is smooth, we'll proceed with upgrades on our main Macs. Because of these upgrades, we'll have to upgrade our Xitron Sierra RIP too, since PitStop needs Mavericks or Yosemite and our current Sierra Clients won't work with either. Prepress is a different animal than graphic design, and sometimes that's not understood fully. Oh, well.

It would appear that Acrobat DC will overwrite our Acrobat X, so even more reason to test thins out first.

This is good. We're planning to install on a currently unused Mac and try things there first. Once everything is smooth, we'll proceed with upgrades on our main Macs. Because of these upgrades, we'll have to upgrade our Xitron Sierra RIP too, since PitStop needs Mavericks or Yosemite and our current Sierra Clients won't work with either. Prepress is a different animal than graphic design, and sometimes that's not understood fully. Oh, well.

It would appear that Acrobat DC will overwrite our Acrobat X, so even more reason to test thins out first.

You have the option to either remove Acrobat X or keep it during the install of Acrobat DC. When you start the install click the 'Advanced' button and uncheck the box to remove previous versions. This goes for all CC applications too (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc...).

You have the option to either remove Acrobat X or keep it during the install of Acrobat DC. When you start the install click the 'Advanced' button and uncheck the box to remove previous versions. This goes for all CC applications too (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, etc...).

Ah, good info. The upgrades haven't started yet on our end. Most of the designers downtown are already using the new software. We're always last; we should be first, I'd think.

We're now using PitStop Pro 2017 with Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS Sierra. There are glitches. One is that at times, when changing screen view the window goes gray. I have to click outside the page or sometimes on the page to get the content back.

One big thing is that if I attempt to change/convert a color I get an error stating "the requested CMM was not available." No idea what that means.

Last edited:
Please contact Enfocus support and log these. There is one known issue with something Adobe broke in the Acrobat DC 2017 release.
It's been reported to them, they have copies of PitStop to use for testing and we are waiting for a fix.

The CMM issue is probably caused because you have the Adobe CMM selected (32bit) and are running on a Macintosh with 64bit Acrobat.
If you change the CMM to LittleCMS all will be well.

Support can talk you through that when they contact you on the former issue.

To be honest if you contact our support first you will get a faster response than me posting on here. If I wasn't sitting waiting for a flight I would not have seen this until Monday.

We're now using PitStop Pro 2017 with Acrobat Pro DC on Mac OS Sierra. There are glitches. One is that at times, when changing screen view the window goes gray. I have to click outside the page or sometimes on the page to get the content back.

One big thing is that if I attempt to change/convert a color I get an error stating "the requested CMM was not available." No idea what that means.

Issue#1: As soon as you open Acrobat apply the keyboard combo OPTION+COMMAND+J which opens the "About Pitstop" Dialog. Then close it. That will fix it until you restart Acrobat. Just remember to do it first time every time you launch Acrobat. Issue #2: Exactly as Andrew says. Make sure you switch to using LittleCMS.

Hi,

I noted Acrobat gives only "Adobe (ACE), Adobe CMM, and Apple CMM in its own color management preferences. So I opened Acrobat Pro DC, opened the "About PitStop" dialog box then closed it. I then went to PitStop preferences and enabled color management and selected LittleCMS. Then, I tried to convert a CMYK object to PMS in Inspector, but still got the "CMM" error. The changes wouldn't take in "Read-only" mode; the message said I'd have to save the changes to the "Local" folder.

Then I followed the steps again, but this time I renamed it "Color management switched on" and hit "Save and Apply" rather than "Save." It worked. Thanks for this tip! I'll have to remember this sequence every time I open Acrobat; the PitStop settings should keep, so at worst I might have to select the proper Action list in PitStop preferences. Meantime, I've just sent an e-mail to Enfocus. We'll see what happens.

Last edited:
Got a reply from Enfocus. They provided much the same info with regard to the PitStop pro tool as Joe (thanks again). As for color management, pretty similar again to what was suggested here. I haven't gotten that CMM error since. PitStop Pro is now in the 64-bit version, and Adobe CMM isn't supported.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back