Acrobat 9 Compatible?

Re: Acrobat 9 Compatible?

"soon". They have to verify their code with the final code of Acrobat 9 *AFTER* Acrobat 9 is released. Up until public release code changes can still happen which would be a real problem... How "soon" is "soon"? No one has said.

FWIW, Acrobat 9 has been released and shipping for over a week now!

- Dov

Thanks for the reply Matt. I figured someone here would have some knowledge to the progress of Updates with Pitstop. I asked primarily because we were looking to update one of our PCs to CS3 and currently the only offerings from Adobe include Acrobat 9 not 8. I was just wondering how long I may have to wait before I would be able to use pitstop with this workstation.

"Soon" is such a subjective term......it really could mean any amount of time depending on how one enterprets it. I'll just be patient and see what comes up in the following weeks.

Thanks for you input,

Pete

As a partner, trainer and reseller for Enfocus it is a very hard question to ask. First of all as a partner, trainer and reseller I may or may not have confidential or future product information. If I hint or reveal at any of it I could incur the wrath of Enfocus' attorneys at worst and at best loose my credentials. But in all honesty I can say that I don't know when, all I've been told is "soon". Which pretty much ended that line of questioning... So if anyone has a time frame they are either lying about it or violating their NDA with Enfocus. That is unless of course someone from Enfocus publicly states something. From then on out it's "public" information that we can all talk about.

But since I'm in the same boat as you I'll have to patiently wait too.

Oh I was unaware of your credentials, with that said I will be satisfied for now with "soon."

Thanks,

Pete
AKA PCF

No worries. The "new" printplanet.com doesn't allow signatures where I normally list my trainer/partner status. But that's a whole different topic.............

To add an official note from Enfocus on this topic:

1) Our current version of PitStop Professional (Update 1) is already largely compatible with Acrobat 9. There are still a number of issues we know of though.

2) We are working on a free update to PitStop Professional that will make the product fully compatible and supported with Acrobat 9. This update release will be available at the beginning of September (2008 that is).

Hope this helps,
David.

Edited by: David van Driessche on Aug 4, 2008 11:45 AM

Hi,
We were just thinking about upgrading, wonder if you could help us.
We have two Macs one with acro6/pitstop 7 and one with acro7/pitstop7.
We both have acrobat 8. I upgrade is 200 each.
I'm worried about conflicts, I use pitstop all time. Is the ungrade
a total comittment to acro 8 so if there is a problem can we go back to 7?

Also I haven't used acro 8 much at all, but the other day I opened a clients
PDF and had font issues:
"cannot extract the embedde font HAMXTS + Cochin. Some characters may not dispalt or print correctly."
Font was loaded in the sys. and I used the emedded fonts action which works alot of the time.
But when I open it in Acro 8 it looks fine and it prints fine.

thanks for any help you can provide.
Rande

PitStop Pro 08 is a great update. It will support Acrobat 7 or 8 just fine.

Need a quote on the upgrade?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back