Change Spot Color's Alternate Color Space

Schnitzel

Hey everyone,

I have a spot color in a PDF with a CMYK alternate color space. I want to change its alternate color space to some CIELab values, and do this over the entire file. Can this be done using an action?

Thanks for helping!

Schnitzel, a simple remap should do it.

Stephen Marsh

remap.jpg

Thank you, Stephen, but I seem to have a problem:

Suppose I have a spot called "Special Orange", and its alternate color space is in CMYK. I want to change it to CIELab, so that a RIP could use these values combined with an ICC profile and give me the correct CMYK values for printing. I want to set the alternate color space to CIELab in order to use different ICC profiles more easily.

Remapping with Pitstop allows me to create a new user swatch, but its alternate color space can be either CMYK, RGB or gray. No CIELab.

I'm using Pitstop Pro 12.

Thanks again.

Last edited:
Indeed, you can't create a spot color directly in PitStop with an Lab alternate value (yet).
But you can create a Swatch color with an Lab alternate in another application (Indesign/Illustrator) and import it into the PitStop color picker.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back