Pitstop 17 and Acrobat DC issues

As soon as you start Acrobat DC press the keyboard combo of COMMAND+OPTION+J and as soon as the About Pitstop window opens hit ENTER. That will fix it until you restart Acrobat. Once you restart Acrobat DC...repeat.

Hi Jackie, I have to contradict you, these are known issues with ACROBAT!

The issuing started occurring after an Acrobat upgrade and also effect older versions of PitStop, all of which were working fine before the upgrade.

I've contacted Adobe personally about this issue and it's been reported on their support forum by customers, their Product Manager in India has acknowledged the issue, and we have given them copies of PitStop that they can use to diagnose and fix the problem, our developers have also given them feedback so they can pinpoint the issue.

I wish I could give you better news, but my last two emails to their product manager have not yet generated a response, but I am hopeful of a fix in the next Acrobat update.
if you contact our support team at Enfocus they will add your name to the ever-growing list of customers who have reported this issue.
We will inform all the customers on that list as soon as we have anything to report.

Hi Jackie, I have to contradict you, these are known issues with ACROBAT!

This seems odd to me. Acrobat is the vehicle that you are hitching a ride from.
Enfocus should be programming code to meet the the specs Acrobat that Adobe has written, not the other way around.
You produce a plug-in for Acrobat. Without that application you would not exist. Asking them to conform to you is wrong. IMHO.

I am sure Enfocus complies with the specifications that Adobe has defined for third party plug-in developers. Hence it did work previously. Then Adobe changed something in a silent update that makes it not work. Adobe has broken Pitstop the last two times it has updated Acrobat DC. That is not Enfocus's fault. It is Adobe's fault.

@MacTwidget
Let me explain the situation. It was working, Adobe shipped an update, it's not working.
They changed, or broke something, but did not update the spec or tell us what they changed.

If they tell us how to fix it or what the new API calls are, we will change them immediately.
They've acknowledged it as an Adobe issue, so all we can do is wait for them to fix it.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back