Vpn

kaiserwilhelm

Two of us travel quite often for our company. We have a license that sits on a license server at our plant.
I want to be able to VPN in and see that license while on the road.
Is this possible?

Not sure if I’m understanding it, but if your simply wanting to view the server and maybe do something to it real quick, try TeamViewer. It’s free and is great for remote login.

Not sure if I’m understanding it, but if your simply wanting to view the server and maybe do something to it real quick, try TeamViewer. It’s free and is great for remote login.

Quoted for truth. I use every day. Not complicated and with a decent connection you barely experience any lag.

Yep . Team viewer .. I can access RIPs, presses, file servers all from anywhere with a good Internet connection. You can even transfer files to and from your computer. Works on PCs and Macs (including my old 2009 Mac book that runs a few apple scripts in the background.

Last edited:
I guess my question was more along this line - can my Acrobat "see" the license server at my home port via VPN? So far, I cannot get it to do that.
Would rather work that way than TeamViewer.

I guess my question was more along this line - can my Acrobat "see" the license server at my home port via VPN? So far, I cannot get it to do that.
Would rather work that way than TeamViewer.

You have a license server for Acrobat? Or are you needing it to see Adobe's license server?

If the former and you are logged in via the VPN to the same subnet as the license server it should be able to find it. I do this for Prinergy/Preps and it sees the license server from work through the VPN to my home iMac.

If the latter, the Adobe license allows you to have their software loaded on your work computer and your home/laptop computer. The caveat is that it is only allowed to have one of them running at a time. So if you install Acrobat at work and home you can log in from both locations and use the software. And you wouldn't need a VPN for that. Just an internet connection.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back