j4yt33

Hi, Looking for a bit of advice.

I am looking to automate the following actions but am having issues:
- Select everything in my document
- Expand any barcodes
- Reflect everything vertically
- Select all in the 'Cutter' layer and re-asign Trim & Media box

Is this doable in a PitStop Profile?

When I have tried, the artwork moves position within the document and fails to asign the Trim & Media box.

Any help very much appreciated.

Thanks

When you say 'expand any barcodes' and 'Reflect everything vertically' can you give more details?

It sounds that PitStop can do everything you mention, but just need clarification.

If you want you can send me an email with more details and a sample file. [email protected]

Done.
Just for the record, the bit to be careful about is the flip. Teh Action is based on a page box, so for this file I selected the cutter guide and then reduced the Trim Box to the size of the cutter, then did the flip.

Some people also use the Art Box for this kind of thing. It's not used for much else, so can be useful when you can't use the Media, Crop, Trim or Bleed.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back