Move objects on Layer same distance?

StillWaiting

Okay here it goes.
Can I move all the objects on one layer to the right at the distance of the original Trim box plus 0.25 inches.
Then expand the Trim box to the new artwork.
Screen Shot 2018-10-22 at 3.09.55 PM.png

What version of PitStop? Are you just trying to do a step and repeat?

Will this always be a fixed distance, or will the trim box vary and it is just the gutter/offset that is fixed at 0.25 inches?

P.S. And do you really wish to separate the original content from the repeated content in two separate OCG (layers).

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
The answer is basically yes you can.
But it can be achieved many different ways.
Maybe you can post an example PDF?

I'm using Esko's Automation Engine 16 with Pitstop. Not sure what type of PDF example you would need. Trim Box will ALWAYS VARY but the gutter is fixed.
We build Flexo Hinge labels in Illustrator and place each part of the Hinge on separate layers, Layer #1=Top, Layer #2=Inside Left, Layer #3=Base and want to move those layers around for better visual proofing. Kinda like the screen captures I posted above. Just trying to automate it to be on one page instead of moving each layer to a different page which we are currently doing. It just looks better when the 3 sections of the hinge label are all on a single page for proofing.
Thanks for getting the ball rolling on this.

Last edited:
This was an interesting exercise, I had a number of false starts and ideas for future development when I hit a brick wall, however I finally came up with what I believe is a workable result, however it of course requires extensive testing.

Stephen Marsh

Attachments

• Step 3 Across Plus Gutters.eal.zip
    4.2 KB · Views: 270
  • eal.png
    eal.png
    78.5 KB · Views: 261
This was an interesting exercise, I had a number of false starts and ideas for future development when I hit a brick wall, however I finally came up with what I believe is a workable result, however it of course requires extensive testing.

Stephen Marsh

Hi Stephen,
Need the change the gutter to 0.125" from 0.25" Thought is was just in one place but doesn't seem to be working right?
Thanks for any help correcting this.

Hi Stephen,
Need the change the gutter to 0.125" from 0.25" Thought is was just in one place but doesn't seem to be working right?
Thanks for any help correcting this.

As I said, I had a number of false starts and hit brick walls… so I had to get creative!

Change the “resize media box” step to half the value (12.7mm to 6.35mm or 0.5” to 0.25”)… Then change the “Move by" step two places down in a similar fashion, halving existing values (from 6.35mm to 3.175mm or 0.25” to 0.125”)

That should do it!

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
As I said, I had a number of false starts and hit brick walls… so I had to get creative!

Change the “resize media box” step to half the value (12.7mm to 6.35mm or 0.5” to 0.25”)… Then change the “Move by" step two places down in a similar fashion, halving existing values (from 6.35mm to 3.175mm or 0.25” to 0.125”)

That should do it!

Stephen Marsh

Perfect. Thanks again.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back