Cropping to visible objects?

StillWaiting

Hi guys,
Is one might be a tricky one. Can a crop to visible objects be done? Please see the attached screen captures. Ones in color mode, the other in line mode. It's a complicated Esko PackEdge Markset that has a sliding white box to the right that I always have to then open in Photoshop and crop down when the 1-bit tiff is made to get rid of the dead space.
Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.07.15 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-18 at 10.07.24 AM.png

Callas pdfToolbox can do that (and many more). I tried it in the most recent version, but the fixup (Crop to Visible Based on Rendered Image) is available since version 10. Please see your example fixed.

Attachments

• test_fix.pdf
    4.7 MB · Views: 301
Callas pdfToolbox can do that (and many more). I tried it in the most recent version, but the fixup (Crop to Visible Based on Rendered Image) is available since version 10. Please see your example fixed.

I'm looking for an answer from abc. I'm using PitStop with Esko's Automation Engine.

Sorry it took a while, start of the year is always a little manic.
Yes it can be done in PitStop, but not with the PitStop implementation currently in AE. I'll check with the AE Product Manager, but next release I assume it will be included.
You can PM me if you want further details.

Sorry it took a while, start of the year is always a little manic.
Yes it can be done in PitStop, but not with the PitStop implementation currently in AE. I'll check with the AE Product Manager, but next release I assume it will be included.
You can PM me if you want further details.

Thanks. We are currently only on AE 16.1. Oh well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back