Pitstop globally change colors

rande

Pitstop or any other way to globally change colors of raster files in a multi pg book? - thx

When you say 'colors' what exactly do you mean?
Can you give a specific example please.

we have a book of nuts and bolts. they're 4 color, mainly black and yell. We want to separate them and make them 2c. black and pantone yell.
BTW. they're raster files.

Last edited:
You mean like this. CM are empty. Or would you prefer Black and a Spot Yellow?

Attachments

• page01 2 art only_ABC.pdf
    286.8 KB · Views: 426
Here you go. K and Spot Yellow. Plus I added the Action List to do it.
It works on all content at the moment, If it needs tweaking let me know.

Attachments

• page01 2 art only_abc2.pdf
    286.8 KB · Views: 441
  • to K and Spot Yellow.eal.zip
    2.7 KB · Views: 520
I have this one and tried to tweak the action and it didn't work. can you give me an idea on whats wrong with this pictures? - thx again

Attachments

• Screen Shot rot sm.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 413
I still don't have a handle on this adding bleed thing. can you give a clue on what I did wrong on this? It ended up throwing it down to the left corner. They seems to work sometimes and not others. Or direct me to a video? - thx

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.44.50 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-03-21 at 9.44.50 AM.png
    120.3 KB · Views: 502
i have another one I need to get out. 4 color. break downs of 2727c-293c-382c. i need to make those pantone colors.nothing is working. I plug in the values. remap it to what i want. but the 3 pms colors share channels. not sure how that works. do the PDFs need to be saved a certain way? Could you run me thru your whole process? - thx

Attachments

• 40th-thank-you-card_pg2.pdf
    57 KB · Views: 391
That's an RGB image, that's not going to work.
You'll need to do some work in Photoshop for that one.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back