Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Change Specific Color

Using the Global Change to change a specific color on a PDF, it is just text and I am trying to change a spot color to just black. I have used this many time but now it doesn't work. Any ideas? Oh and I am using Pitstop 12 update 3.

How do you choose the Color?

from the list of document colors or the fill of an active object?

Did you save, close and open again the PDF already after the changing?

Try mapping (use the search by building an action...), if you need fast succes.

Ulrich

Comment

I used the grab color option. I have also tried the re-map color option.

Comment

Hi Bob,

Would you be willing to post the PDF here and provide the color details? I'd like to give it a try.

Thanks,
        pd

Comment

It is the red text. It's cmyk value is 100M and 40K. The color is listed as laser.
          Thanks
          Attached Files

Comment

Works fine in Pitstop 2019
            Joe
            OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

I was able to easily convert the text from LASER to Black. The barcodes didn't seem to want to change with Pitstop.

pd

Comment

That tells me that there is something wrong with our Pitstop. Thank you for taking the time to look into this matter.

Comment

Does anyone have a reason the the Change specific color under Global changes has stopped working?

Comment

Another option to consider...if you are printing these on a digital press with a Fiery controller, you can create a custom spot color in Command Workstation with the same name, and modify the output color to be 100% K.

Comment

The product will be printed on a conventional printing press but the red text will be applied by inkjet. Thanks anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Nietzold View Post
                        Does anyone have a reason the the Change specific color under Global changes has stopped working?
                        Is it set to do the global change on the current page or the whole document? The only time I've seen this happen is if I have it set to a page range that doesn't exist in the current document.
                        Joe
                        OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

No issue for me with Pitstop 10.

Comment

Joe you hit the nail on the head. I changed it to current page and it worked. Thank you and evryone so much for your help and input.
                            Case closed!

Comment

Dear Bob,
                              No issue for me with Pitstop 13v2 (except the pixel images like barcode..)

Comment

4OverCanonKBAAvantiXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)Duplo

Free Download

Collapse

Avanti
                              Before You Buy A Print MIS Read This - FREE Download Link To Download

CanonKBAXeroxSmartsoft (Presswise)DuploAvantiXeikonGraph Expo4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4848 users online. 99 members and 4749 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,855 at 12:33 PM on 06-06-2019.

Working...
                              X