Pitstop getting very buggy

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitstop getting very buggy

I use Pitstop 7.1 on a Mac Intel machine. We have a Prinergy EVO workflow and I have a lot of trouble making corrections to client pdf files, especially when it comes to text corrections. Most times, after corrections have been made, when I am able to make corrections, the files won't run through Prinergy. I have to save as postscript, and re-refine or re-distill them to make them usable. And lately, I can't even make corrections, type is unchangeable even though I can select it.

Pitstop has always been somewhat buggy, slow and prone to crashing. But now it has been upgraded to uselessness. Anyone else having issues with Pitstop.

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.1 on a 2 GHz MacPro with Dual-Core Intel Xeon.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Pitstop getting very buggy

Jeff,
    I believe the latest version of Pitstop is 7.22. maybe an upgrade would help.

Comment

First thing I would try is to update the Mac OS and Pitstop to the latest version which is OS 10.4.10 and Pitstop 7.22. With those versions I'm not having any issues like you describe. I don't have Prinergy EVO so I can't comment on that part.
      Joe
      OS: Mac OS X 10.10.2 - RIP: Prinergy Connect 6.1 - CTP: Luscher XPose! 160 (2)

Comment

Definitely make sure that you are up to date with the OS updates, Acrobat and PitStop. I spend a pretty fair amount of time editing PDF's with PitStop on my PowerBook G4 (Mac OS X 10.4.10, Acrobat 8.1.1, PitStop 7.22) and haven't had those kinds of problems. I have a customer who uses Evo and PitStop that I just checked with. They aren't experiencing those kinds of issues in their environment.
        Matt Beals
        The views expressed here are my own personal views and are not those of my employer.

Comment

Thank you to everyone for responding. While I was waiting to hear from someone I found the updates to both OS X (10.4.11) and PitStop 7.22 and so far it appears to be working fine.

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
          UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4584 users online. 108 members and 4476 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
          X