Pitstop getting very buggy

pajdzn

I use Pitstop 7.1 on a Mac Intel machine. We have a Prinergy EVO workflow and I have a lot of trouble making corrections to client pdf files, especially when it comes to text corrections. Most times, after corrections have been made, when I am able to make corrections, the files won't run through Prinergy. I have to save as postscript, and re-refine or re-distill them to make them usable. And lately, I can't even make corrections, type is unchangeable even though I can select it.

Pitstop has always been somewhat buggy, slow and prone to crashing. But now it has been upgraded to uselessness. Anyone else having issues with Pitstop.

I am running Mac OS X 10.4.1 on a 2 GHz MacPro with Dual-Core Intel Xeon.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Pitstop getting very buggy

First thing I would try is to update the Mac OS and Pitstop to the latest version which is OS 10.4.10 and Pitstop 7.22. With those versions I'm not having any issues like you describe. I don't have Prinergy EVO so I can't comment on that part.

Definitely make sure that you are up to date with the OS updates, Acrobat and PitStop. I spend a pretty fair amount of time editing PDF's with PitStop on my PowerBook G4 (Mac OS X 10.4.10, Acrobat 8.1.1, PitStop 7.22) and haven't had those kinds of problems. I have a customer who uses Evo and PitStop that I just checked with. They aren't experiencing those kinds of issues in their environment.

Thank you to everyone for responding. While I was waiting to hear from someone I found the updates to both OS X (10.4.11) and PitStop 7.22 and so far it appears to be working fine.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back