Changing rich black

Chiefs420

OK, I give up. I just got Pitstop 7. I have a full color file that has a bunch of built black advertisements (both graphics and type). I cannot figure out how to convert the rich black to black only.

Anyone?

The all black to real black seems like it would be the one, but it doesn't seem to do anything

Edited by: Chiefs420 on Nov 28, 2007 5:10 PM

Re: Changing rich black

Would using "Global Change, Change Color" achieve what your looking for? With a "built black" element selected, you could "Grab" the fill/stroke and change it to 100% Black. I do it quite often, but this won't fix blacks in CTs.

Edited by: GinSu on Nov 28, 2007 4:58 PM

Thanks!

That worked for most of it. Theres still some graphics that are built. Is that what you meant by CTs?

Edited by: Chiefs420 on Nov 28, 2007 6:24 PM

CTs are Photoshop images or scans. You can use Acrobat's Edit Object tool to open the images in Photoshop to make the needed edits.

You might also need to do it a couple of times. If the built black varies in CMYK values, you'll need to do it for each variation.

Glad I was able to help. Good Luck!

Or you make it easy on yourself and you select a color range of the rich blacks. Then you can change the color to one absolute value.

If you want to some online training let me know. Pocatello isn't too far of a drive from Seattle either. I haven't been out there in a few years...

> {quote:title=mattbeals wrote:}{quote}
> select a color range of the rich blacks.

How is that done?

Thanks Matt! I've used Global change a thousand times and never noticed you could select a range, probably because I was always "grabbing" the color.

Sorry to not reply sooner, had to help in bindery yesterday. Thanks Matt. I was kind of hoping you'd be by. from what I've read here and at GDF you're some kind of pitstop savant (?). I just barely installed pitstop about a week ago and haven't been able to really get into it to much yet. i would be very interested in online training. Let me know whats up.

Nathan

Give me a call at 206-618-2537 and we can talk specifics.

Enfocus is one of the companies that I train for out of many.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back