Low res output from Quark 7 to Nexus workflow

Whitaker

Hello everyone,

Is anyone out there having problems placing links created in Nexus into a Quark 7 document then printing back into a Nexus workflow and then getting low resolution output? We place the links in Quark to output to our Final Proof and Epson. We are currently do this in Quark 6 with no problems so I'm sure it has something to do with Quark 7, but I'm not sure if it's Quark or Nexus that need to be fixed.

Any input would be appreciated.

Mike

Re: Low res output from Quark 7 to Nexus workflow

If you save the page as an EPS and use RunFile on that EPS, it will work. Printing RasterPages from QX7 through Nexus does not. We experience so many problems with QX7 (font reflow, graphics dropping out), we build our scatters and impositions in either QX6.5 of INDD.

I don't know if it is a Quack problem or Nexus, but with the significant drop in Quack usage (maybe 10 files out of 500 over a month) I don't blame Nexus Tech for not resolving it post haste.

What version of Nexus are you using?
I seem to think Qx7 output was fixed (or got better) after version 8.5

We're using Nexus 8.4. I'm trying to get the owner to get the service contract, but it's so expensive... Thanks for the response.

is your file using any spot colors? sometimes we have trouble with Quark files that have spot colors in them. I think the problem is using a photoshop dcs file and the way it is saved out from Quark.

No spot colors. Also, I've tried composite and separations out of Q7 with no luck.

I stand corrected, it does appear that it has been fixed with 8.5, but I'm still gonna stick with impo and scatters in InDesign. I just like it better.

Have you noticed then when outputting "In-Rip Separations" from QX7, it doesn't include the color label or color bars? Printing with "In-Rip Separations" makes smaller files in Nexus which is why I like to use it. As has been QX's mode of operation since QX4 (remeber jaggies on images with the background of "None"), they just don't get it. Sure there are workarounds for most of the issues, I prefer the solution the works without workarounds.

Thanks! I'll have to come up with a few more reasons to justify the high cost of the upgrade. Mike

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back