Nexus 8.6 rev 1

Re: Nexus 8.6 rev 1

I just went to have a look and the most current version I see is still 8.5 rev 3. I wonder if they took it down...

> {quote:title=MJX wrote:}{quote}
> I just went to have a look and the most current version I see is still 8.5 rev 3. I wonder if they took it down...

From the email notification:

If you currently have a maintenance contract for this product but can't see
this version to make a software build on the Download Center, please contact
Artwork Systems' customer service department at 215-826-4520 or by email at
[email protected]. Please provide your Customer Code and dongle number
when reporting the issue.

Thanks Joe, I'll go and fire off an email at 'em...

How are you getting email updates btw? I seem to have missed out on that.

bummer, just upgraded to 8.5 rev 3. While we're at it I might just go to 8.6 or are there allready issues to consider?

Even though I registered at the download center, I didn't get any mail on the release of 8.6

I tested a couple of jobs on 8.6 and didn't see any issues but that was far from a comprehensive set of tests. Right now my biggest issue is that AWS will only let me download the update for one of my Nexus boxes. It says the maintenance date has expired on the other (which it has not).

my main issue is I don't even see the 8.6 version in the download center. 8.5 rev3B is the latest I get. what's up with that?

Check with you local support office, it is not released as a global update as each support office likes to test it before they release it to there respective country.

Joe, is there still an issue with InDesign CS3 files running from an Intel box not getting the correct document page number (I print page 5, but it appears as page 1) in Nexus? I know I can turn on "run with Rosetta" to get around it, but I don't want to take the performance hit when I do so.

I don't know yet. We can't download the software for that dongle yet. We resolved the issue with our service contract but it takes a few days for them to fix the DLC. I'll try it as soon as I am able to download the software.

Has anybody installed. I'm running Window 2003 and 8.6_r1 freezes quite often. (twice a shift) Anybody else??

> {quote:title=dauby wrote:}{quote}
> yes we have. I am running on windows 2000 server.

I thought you couldn't run Nexus 8.6 on Windows 2000????

We installed 8.6 last week and had the same problems we had with the 8.5
The Export PDF and Open Artpro file activities fail without any clear reason. We had someone from EskoArtwork over without any result. Besides staying on 8.4 rev 4.

Also on Windows 2003.

I guess I'm overloading the servers.(from support) I cut my modules in half and we'll see what happens. I know my users are going to complain. I wish AWS would develope some kind of load bearing system for their servers.

> {quote:title=Bobmorli wrote:}{quote}
> We installed 8.6 last week and had the same problems we had with the 8.5
> The Export PDF and Open Artpro file activities fail without any clear reason. We had someone from EskoArtwork over without any result. Besides staying on 8.4 rev 4.
>
> Also on Windows 2003.

I have not had any problems with either of these in 8.5 or 8.6. Is it failing all of the time or just some of the time?

It doesn't fail all the time. There doesn't seem to be a pattern in the error. According to support it would be a Memory Deallocation problem. I just clase the Nexus Processor module and then hope it works. Sometimes it does, sometimes it keeps failing on the same jobs after a retry. Even if we drop it into the hotfolder again, it fails.

Somewhat frustrating but hey, 8.4 works fine (but slow)... :)

I know this is not on the immediate subject, but it does have to do with 8.6.1.
I just installed 8.6.1 and I am getting License errors. I did *not* uninstall 8.5.3, nor do I want to at this point, (I may want to go back to 8.5.3). Are my license errors coming from not uninstalling 8.5.3? Can I hide 8.5.3 in some way to keep 8.6.1 from seeing it if this is the problem?
Thanks
Bobm

I have 8.5.3 and 8.6.1 installed and I have not received any license errors. Sounds like you got a bad build...?

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back