1-bit TIFF Inspection

Re: 1-bit TIFF Inspection

Hi Jeff,

Well that was a really unexpected comment about FirstPROOF having some serious bugs in it. That's not normally something we ever hear (although occasionally, despite our best efforts to write bug free software, they do happen). Currently there's only 2 serious bugs I'm aware of in FirstPROOF (a) to do with printing a hard-copy proof of very large files and b) to do with color managing very small files) which we're about to release a 5.0.1 to fix. What are these "serious bugs" you talk about (as you imply there are more than one)? Was that you writing, or someone else? If there are any and you can tell us, we'll fix them immediately.

Regards,

Andy.

Hi Jeff / All,

> Get the bugs fixed, have some more stability and I would look at it again.

Despite my last post and a separate email to Jeff I got nothing back giving any indication of any substance behind that comment. Anyway, we were due to release a 5.0.1 and given Jeff (or someone elses) comment we did quite a bit more QA than originally planned. As a result, we did come up with a serious issue, that unfortunately crept in with the changes we made for color accurate viewing in 5.0, that depending on how you configured FirstPROOF & used it, could end up with it being instable. That's all now been fixed and FirstPROOF v5.0.1 is now on our web site for download. So if anyone has had any issues with it, you're welcome to download and try it again.

As well as a number of fixes, we've also increased support for all currently used GS1 bar codes (asked for by some of our packaging customers) and made a number of improvements to the color accurate viewing (in terms of quality and performance - now is a lot faster and uses a lot less memory).

Regards,

Andy.

Hi Andy,

Did the support for files with web growth compensation make it into this release?

Joe

Hi Andy,

Did the support for files with web growth compensation make it into this release?

Joe

Hi Joe,

Not yet. Our current release is 5.0.3 and we're about to release a 5.1. What you're after is currently scheduled for the next major release (6.0) due out early next year.

Regards,

Andy.

We use Esko's complete workflow. And i can recommend BitMapViewer that program save your day and allso some time.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back