Convert ArtPro CT to TIF

Kristian

We have been supplied ArtPro files with CT's used for the images. I need to be able to open the images so that I can retouch them for flexo. What is the easiest way to convert the CT files to a TIF or other standard format?

I thought of exporting just the CT as a PDF and then opening in Photoshop but just wondered if there was an easier way.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Kristian

Re: Convert ArtPro CT to TIF

Ugh, thats exactly why we never make our images internal, were you only supplied the artpro file and the .ct? No tiffs made from import?

> {quote:title=G_Town wrote:}{quote}
> Ugh, thats exactly why we never make our images internal, were you only supplied the artpro file and the .ct? No tiffs made from import?

No TIF's from the import. They must have chosen to make all images internal.

We have asked the repro house to re-supply with TIF's which they are now going to do but is just a pain. Would be nice to knw if there was a way to simply convert the CT files.

We allways make our images internal. Retouchen happens in both Artpro and/or Photoshop. Depends on the operators choice mainly. Either make a pdf to open in photoshop, or select the image Contone menu, select) and the export the image as Tiff. Been working great for me.

K

> {quote:title=Kristof wrote:}{quote}
> We allways make our images internal. Retouchen happens in both Artpro and/or Photoshop. Depends on the operators choice mainly. Either make a pdf to open in photoshop, or select the image Contone menu, select) and the export the image as Tiff. Been working great for me.
>
> K

Thanks Kristof. We never use the Contone menu as we don't have the ArtColor module. But just checked and we are still able to choose Export TIF.

Works brilliantly. Thanks!

"Thanks Kristof. We never use the Contone menu as we don't have the ArtColor module. But just checked and we are still able to choose Export TIF.

Works brilliantly. Thanks!"

Huh?

If you don't have the artcolor module how can you export the tiff under the contone menu?

please elaborate, thanks

I also thought you couldn't use that option if you don't have the ArtColor module... strange

K

To confirm, we do not have the artcolor module.

But, when I go to the contone menu the Export Tif option is active and can be chosen and exports the TIF correctly. Dont know is this is new or not, we are using ArtPro 8.6 Rev3

It's either a new feature in 8.6 or a separate licensable feature??

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back