Publisher files

dauby

Does anybody have success with creating good pdf files from publisher? I have a job that is black and a pms but publisher doesn't support pms colors. So I have a 4/c pdf that I bring into either Neo's or pitstop and covert a color into the pms that I want. One problem I have is the photos in the pdf are 4/c and I usually change the cyan channel to black but the photos look flat. Why do we except publisher files? I don't know. thanks for your help.

Re: Publisher files

> {quote:title=dauby wrote:}{quote}
> Does anybody have success with creating good pdf files from publisher? I have a job that is black and a pms but publisher doesn't support pms colors. So I have a 4/c pdf that I bring into either Neo's or pitstop and covert a color into the pms that I want. One problem I have is the photos in the pdf are 4/c and I usually change the cyan channel to black but the photos look flat. Why do we except publisher files? I don't know. thanks for your help.

Publisher does support spot colors. You have to set it for that though within Publisher.

If you have the Publisher settings set to the correct color space and you have the images and text colored correctly it will produce useable PDF files using the Export as PDF functionality and using the Commercial Print settings.

You may also just want to try Markzware's PUB2ID, which will convert MSPUB files right into InDesign (file-open).
It works pretty well, but some touch-up is likely needed. See:
[http://www.markzware-europe.com/store|http://www.ma]

All the best,
David

Publisher can do spot colors! If you go to the "Tools" menu, go down to the submenu "commercial Printing Tools" and select "Color Printing" you can choose "Process colors plus spot colors" as your working color space for the document. You should go back and check all the items in the document to make sure the spot color has been applied, but the most important thing is that you choose "print separations" in the print dialog box. Here's the catch: each separation becomes a sepatate page in the output. There are utilities that combine the pages back together again, just do a search on the subject.

Good luck!

hey thanks for your input. next question is how do i colorize a grayscale file to a pms color? i'm sure its right under my nose but I cant find it.

thanks

the files that they sent me are rgb files. But they need to be pms. Which ever way is easier.

Bring your RGB images into Photoshop create your Doutone by - Mode / grayscale and then Mode / Doutone. Make sure that your PMS colors are named the same as your publisher files ie: PMS 185 CV or PMS 185 C. Now you need to get the new doutones into your publisher file. There are a couple of ways to do that. Let us know if you need help there. Alan

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back