Odystar - Getting Dimensions of the Trim Box

Folks,

Firstly, thanks for all the help I have received on this forum! Odystar and myself are now playing well together :)

That said, I have now run into a bit of a snag. I need to compare the trim size (or any other "box" size really) of the supplied PDF to the info we have in our job database. That way if a customer supplies the artwork at the wrong finished size, we can flag it. Likewise if we have the wrong info in the database.

I'm fine with getting the info out of our database and into our Odystar workflow. I can then extract that info via xpaths. All good. How I go about comparing that info to the actual size of the PDF I do not know.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Even general ideas to try? I've run out of options.

Thanks in advance
HP

Hi Jeff,

Yes, that is definitely an option. Thanks!

Where this gets even more complicated however, is when a job is supplied scaled down. We work in large format print, so often a client will supply a file at 10, 25 or 50%. It's a real can of worms I know!

What I was hoping to do was to get the PDF size (trim box), and then do a calculation to see if the PDF would scale correctly to the finished size we have in the database. The more I think about it the more complicated it becomes.

Any ideas would be more than welcomed!!

Thanks!
HP

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back