DeskPack: Suite12 Rollout Date?

chevalier

Anybody getting a roll-out date for DeskPack for Suite12?

I'm experiencing a mounting influx of CS6 artwork now and it is really annoying to have to perform 5 steps (to ensure CS6:CS5 glitches don't occur) then save out as CS5 for every file. Also in experimenting Illustrator CS6 performs so much better.

I'm getting mine next week. I think that it's officially launched but where you fall into the installation queue is the problem.

According to a discussion thread in the Esko Software Users group on Linkedin, CS6 plugins have just got to beta testing stage. In fact there is open invite to anybody who wants to participate in the beta testing.

Wow, just in time for CS6.5/7 to come out a few months later. When CS6 launched Adobe CEO Shantanu Narayen stated Adobe was moving to a regular annual release schedule.

My understanding is that Adobe completely re-did the way plug ins had to be written in CS6. Im hoping that once esko gets to that standard, the future versions will be pretty simplistic. Here is hoping so at least

I believe it is true that with CS6 the plugins had to be written a different way. But it is also interesting that as far as I know there are no major CS6 plugins that have yet to be released like the Esko stuff. Not to mention we were told we would have them in August, then September, then late October, then late November and now February. Not holding my breath.

True, Adobe did (finally) rebuild Illustrator CS6 from the ground up to take advantage of 64bit. However, Esko is an Adobe partner who had advance notice and access to Adobe resources. A >9 month development period with several missed release dates? I suspect that either Adobe made it a nightmare to develop for Illustrator or insufficient resources are being provided for development.

Not exactly a 1:1 comparison but Extensis released a Suitcase Fusion 4 update (15.0.1) right after CS6 released and maintains compatibility going back to CS3/WindowsXP/MacOS 10.5.

Totally Agree, I'm disappointed in Esko. Makes me wonder if Esko thought this would be a simpler task then it really was.

9 months to update the DeskPack plugins. What a joke. Esko's like "We're still testing them." I didn't think these Plugins were that complex? I just want to be able to use CS6 and not to keep on asking my customers to down save to CS5. Another point, every 12 months we have to pay our service contract to Esko, hope I get to tell them that since CS6 has been out for 12 months and you have not provided me the ability to use the program. Goodbye.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back