Odystar and Instant PDF

CNewcomb

Is anyone using Instant PDF to create certified PDFs to run in their Odystar system? Any problems using Instant PDF with Quark 6.5? I'm having many problems with Quark and Instant PDF working together. Any suggestions for a different way to create print ready "certified" PDFs for use in our workflow? I've all but given up on the way I do it now...

Thanks!

Re: Odystar and Instant PDF

hey crystal,

Can you elaborate a little about the issues you have with Instant PDF? Can you give an example? Is it related to page boxes? Color? Fonts?

Cheers,
Brain

We print to postscript and use Distiller to create the pdf. We distill everything to PDFX-1/A Standards. We're not using Odystar though. We're using Nexus.

Hello--the problems I have I think are Quark related. Instant PDF "works" for me it just isn't consistent. The most common problems I'm having is Instant PDF having Quark temp files stuck in the in progress box and jobs failing in the quark export step. It isn't file specific either. Random.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back