Who Is using WebWay?

Re: Who Is using WebWay?

> {quote:title=Bobmorli wrote:}{quote}
> joe, in your opinion, do you think you have more possibilties with a Dalim workflow / softproof system than with the Nexus / Webway-webcenter. Takin in consideration that it's not something you want te reconfigure next year but rather do it in 3 to 5.

Yes but it's basically starting from scratch all over again. Plus the fact Dalim does not have their own screening engine is a big problem for me. I want my workflow to have everything in it and not have to kludge pieces from elsewhere to complete it. The way Dalim Twist, PrinTempo and Dialog all work together is quite impressive from MIS to final imposition. But in the end you are setting there with a flattened PDF with nowhere to go unless you stick another RIP in to do the screening.

I had a demo of WebWay also and did not come away nearly as impressed as I was with the Dalim. With WebWay you are definitely going to have to do manual imposition unless you throw something like Odystar into the mix which was a big disappointment to us when we tried that.

Having said that, are there any AWS people here that can tell me if WebWay would be a good option for customer file submission and softproofing overr the internet of directory books of 300-800 pages?

Re: Who Is using WebWay?

I think that you should really look at webcenter It is far more robust. It's made more for that kind of page count.
Webway Is really set for low volume soft proofing.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back