Nexus 8.6 rev2 is out!

zgraph

Anyone jump in yet?
Looking for feedback from you Nexus Power users.
Any advice before we update? We are newbie Nexus users.

Thanks!

Re: Nexus 8.6 rev2 is out!

I will be installing it Thursday evening U.S. Central time. One of my bugs has been fixed supposedly. We'll see. (Composite fonts shifting left when rastered).

I'm guessing this won't be a separate install and it will probably replace 8.6 rev 1. I hate when they do that. I'd like to keep 8.6 rev 1 around in case I find a problem with rev 2. I'll make a copy first to be safe.

We are up and running with it. Installed yesterday and all seems fine.

They've finally fixed the stitcher and memory errors with nexus processor. We had been on 8.4 until this as 8.5 never got fixed for us.

Had problems with the "Rasterise Tiffs for RTL" It seems to put "Cyan" after all the sep names and it won't preview from the manager. (Volume not Mounted) Or copy from the manager (can't find the seps)

T

We had a trainer in last week who did a build for us to install.
All our legends contain MS comic sans and it caused a error in Nexus.
He eventually had it pulled from the download center. Hopefully it won't take long to fix.
Just be aware if you get font probs

We found a bug with the 'modify separations' activity. Esko found that the same error happens in ArtPro as well (remap colour option) so the error has been passed onto 'Global Support'.

> {quote:title=rickyp_uk wrote:}{quote}
> We had a trainer in last week who did a build for us to install.
> All our legends contain MS comic sans and it caused a error in Nexus.
> He eventually had it pulled from the download center. Hopefully it won't take long to fix.
> Just be aware if you get font probs

I think the bigger problem here is using MS Comic Sans. :-/

Unfortunately the legend was here long before me. :(

Edited by: rickyp_uk on Apr 24, 2008 12:09 PM

The RTL thingy is a known issue, hope it's fixed soon.
Not aware of any specific font issues but I would recommend to get rid of MS Comic Sans, I mean, common ;-)

New legend in the pipeline with new font...... Interstate (Any font feedback welcome) ;-)

we've been using it for about a month now. Only issue we have is a problem with export PDF / Print to file activity failing for no reason on files. After a restart of the NexusProcessor you have a fair chance the file will be processed...

By the way: does anyone know where the main database is stored. When we installed Nexus 8.6 (coming from 8.4), I noticed the time it took to start was kinda long. Turns out the scan of the database takes about 2 minutes. For a clean install that seemed long to me? Is this correct or just my thinking???

Joe

Here's one AWS denies exist. Create a table in IDCS3 with cell stroke defined as black, but the cell fill with 100% black and 20% cyan. Set some type in the cell an set it to white. Run it through a raster/trap workflow and the keep-away (cutback) trap is funky, all pure vertical edges don't get the keep-way trap. Now change the cell stroke to match the fill and now it traps correctly. WTF!!!

I'm using 8.6r1 and will upgrade in a heart beat if it resolves this issue which I face almost daily. You can't just go tell the third largest wireless telecom company that they need to have their agencies do things better, so I (and various printers) suffer through.

Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!

Battery low... must sleep...
GinSu

> {quote:title=GinSu wrote:}{quote}
> Joe
>
> Here's one AWS denies exist. Create a table in IDCS3 with cell stroke defined as black, but the cell fill with 100% black and 20% cyan. Set some type in the cell an set it to white. Run it through a raster/trap workflow and the keep-away (cutback) trap is funky, all pure vertical edges don't get the keep-way trap. Now change the cell stroke to match the fill and now it traps correctly. WTF!!!
>
> I'm using 8.6r1 and will upgrade in a heart beat if it resolves this issue which I face almost daily. You can't just go tell the third largest wireless telecom company that they need to have their agencies do things better, so I (and various printers) suffer through.
>
> Any help you could provide would be greatly appreciated!
>
> Battery low... must sleep...
> GinSu

That's really odd. I'm getting the same thing as you almost but it isn't happening for me everywhere. See the attached screen shot. It's only happening on the top of the "T" and the far right side of the "S" but it is only in the vertical areas. The screen shot shown has the same values as you suggested, I just changed the display value in InSight to 40% black so I could see the trap.

Joe

Kristof--I'm printing as In-Rip separations directly from IDCS3. Exporting as a PDF yields the same result.

Some clarification, ALL strokes within the table must be the same color as the fill in order to get it to trap correctly.

Now, create a box with a fill of 100% black and 20% cyan. Set some type and make it white, convert the type to outlines and place it over the box you've made. Copy these elements and place your copy over the table (with 20/0/0/100 fill and black only stroke). The elements outside the table will trap correctly, the elements over the table will not. I say again...WTF!!!

I've attached a screen shot, the top line is outside the table region, the second line is type in a cell and the third line is a box with outlined type over the table region.

Thanks Joe for verify that I'm not the only one with the issue, as I said AWS says its doesn't happen for them.

I get the same result... I know the trapper does some strange things from time to time. We allways check the traps and 1 out of 3 jobs needs corrections. We've gotten used to it. But most of our issues with it are known at EskoArtwork.

Have you tried playing with the trapper settings?

We've run into these kinds of problems since CS2 and Nexus 8.4. We've pretty much given up on it. Whenever we run into tables that require trapping we almost always have to recreate everything manually using boxes and strokes instead of a table.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back