X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BackStage

Hi
    I have a question about BackStage that I hope someone can answer:

When I run a workflow task from Illustrator using a report ticket we are finding that if we use
    a Pantone colour ending in 'U' backstage is converting it to a C.

Example:
    We produced a job that uses Pantone 485 U in Adobe Illustrator CS3 via Adobe's Swatch Libraries and then run a ticket that:

Normalizes the file --> Create's a ReportCard --> Print's it --> Creates a PDF 1.4

That then creates a PDF and prints it showing the ink now converted to Pantone 485 C.

Any ideas?

Re: BackStage

Have you checked the advanced setting in the export to pdf stage of the workflow, there is an option to change the suffix for pantone inks.

Comment

Hi

I am just creating a Normalized pdf and it does not having any option of what I can see.
      I've tried the Export to PDF settings but it still renames the colour with a C.

Have you come across this problem as well on your BackStage Server?

Comment

As far as I know, Esko still doesn't have a Pantone Uncoated library. Try adding an ink to the Designer book exactly as you have it in Illustrator. Not a very practical solution, but it would at least let you know what might be going on.

Comment

Thanks

I will give it a go.

Comment

Sorry but were is the Designer book?

Comment

Do you have a license of Packedge, or just Backstage w/ Illustrator clients? I'm not sure I've ever seen a designer book editor outside of Packedge...

Comment

I think I have found it.
                On our Flex-Rip we have Kaleidoscope installed but not licensed and
                yet if I open it up it has a Ink Book window and within this there is a designer option and Pantone Coated library.
                We do have 1 x PackEdge station but can not find any ink books on this station.
                I have emailed esko but have not had a reply as yet.

Comment

Yeah, Esko only seems to ship with the Pantone Coated library. I've asked about the uncoated book before, but that never really went anywhere. What I was suggesting was seeing if adding a color such as "PMS 485 U" into the designer book, then using that same name in Illustrator would even work...

Edited by: Bobby Congdon on Apr 28, 2008 8:13 AM

Comment

UltimateDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)Standard FinishingKBA4Over
                  UltimateDuploStandard FinishingKBAKBA GTIChili publish4Over

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5640 users online. 142 members and 5498 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,151 at 11:36 AM on 11-17-2017.

Working...
                  X