BackStage

Plucky07

Hi
I have a question about BackStage that I hope someone can answer:

When I run a workflow task from Illustrator using a report ticket we are finding that if we use
a Pantone colour ending in 'U' backstage is converting it to a C.

Example:
We produced a job that uses Pantone 485 U in Adobe Illustrator CS3 via Adobe's Swatch Libraries and then run a ticket that:

Normalizes the file --> Create's a ReportCard --> Print's it --> Creates a PDF 1.4

That then creates a PDF and prints it showing the ink now converted to Pantone 485 C.

Any ideas?

Re: BackStage

Have you checked the advanced setting in the export to pdf stage of the workflow, there is an option to change the suffix for pantone inks.

Hi

I am just creating a Normalized pdf and it does not having any option of what I can see.
I've tried the Export to PDF settings but it still renames the colour with a C.

Have you come across this problem as well on your BackStage Server?

As far as I know, Esko still doesn't have a Pantone Uncoated library. Try adding an ink to the Designer book exactly as you have it in Illustrator. Not a very practical solution, but it would at least let you know what might be going on.

Do you have a license of Packedge, or just Backstage w/ Illustrator clients? I'm not sure I've ever seen a designer book editor outside of Packedge...

I think I have found it.
On our Flex-Rip we have Kaleidoscope installed but not licensed and
yet if I open it up it has a Ink Book window and within this there is a designer option and Pantone Coated library.
We do have 1 x PackEdge station but can not find any ink books on this station.
I have emailed esko but have not had a reply as yet.

Yeah, Esko only seems to ship with the Pantone Coated library. I've asked about the uncoated book before, but that never really went anywhere. What I was suggesting was seeing if adding a color such as "PMS 485 U" into the designer book, then using that same name in Illustrator would even work...

Edited by: Bobby Congdon on Apr 28, 2008 8:13 AM

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back