Changing one of the base colors on Nexus RIP 8.1 Automatically

zandstudio.com

Hello Everybody,
Thanks in advance for reading my question.
We are running Nexus RIP 8.1 at our shop. We have a client who is sending us over 100,000 business cards to Im-print every week.
We have already printed the business cards masters on our 6-color press. And the way we receive the imprints information is via the client’s on-line ordering system.
Their on-line ordering system produces a HI-Res PDF for us.
The problem that we are dealing with is that the produced PDF does not have 100% of any of based color (C-M-Y-K) on imprint information.
It has 85% of Cyan, 22% of Magenta, 10% of Yellow and 15% of Black.
The way we are dealing with this problem is printing the cyan color of sent PDFs to nexus rip and then change the 85% Cyan to 100% in Nexus RIP manually.
It takes a lot of time since we are dealing with hi-volume of orders.
I would like to make a new workflow and have the work-flow change the 85% Cyan to 100% Cyan by it-self for this specific job.
Is there anyways to do that? If yes, please give me your ideas and let me know how and where in the workflow can I set it up?
I look forward to hearing back from you guys.

Re: Changing one of the base colors on Nexus RIP 8.1 Automatically

If you only have Nexus RIP then the only way I think you can do this is to make some wacky symphony calibration curves that will force these values to 100% but you do that at your own risk.
Remember, this is a RIP, not an editing tool ;-)

hi

If you wanna do somthing like that you wil need Nexus Processor.

In the Interpreter, you can select the colour mode 'Composite Monochrome'. In my test this composited all the seps and gave me a solid 100% black. Will this work for you?

Composite Monochrome converts all colors to grayscale.

Yeah i suggest that you do it through pitstop as well. Download the trial for 30 days and try it out. Nexus also has a built in pitstop module that you can buy through esko-artworks. If you receive that much work I think ROI will be satisfactory

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back