1-bit TIFF compression for FlexRIP input

neotrog

I'm struggling with a client at the moment. Anyone know for sure what modes of 1-bit TIFF compression the FlexRIP input understands. I see on Esko's support site that the output supports the usual LZW and CCITT Group 4 but those seem to be failing. Thoughts?

Re: 1-bit TIFF compression for FlexRIP input

Describe the failing... any error messages?

Love to describe failing but I can't. The error is on the client's end and information is 5th or 6th party coming back rather than grunt-to-grunt. People have an overwhelming tendency to describe what they think the solution to the problem is rather than objectively describing the problem anyways so I can only act on best guesses. According to manufacturer's documentation CCIT Group 4 is supported in and out of both systems and I know has a great compression ratio on out kind of work. Just looking for direct experience from others to support or dispute that finding.

I guess all I have to add then is that we've been outputting using G4 compression for years without problem.... not very helpful to you, I imagine.

Not entirely unhelpful. Affirmation that the G4 is ubiquitous and bullet-proof for many helps me put the actual compression algorithm low on the list of probable suspects.

Thanks.

If you get a hold of any error messages or logs with more details, pass them on.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back