Compare documents for errors

Macmann

Hello all,

Is there a way to compare a file revision to the older version to be sure the only thing that changed is what you meant to change?
We are using Esko version 7.6.1 (yeah I know we need to upgrade). Is there a module we are missing that would add this functionality,
or do we have it and I am not aware of it?

Although I can't speak for Esko, I believe Acrobat Pro has a compare document feature. Perhaps this would work?

The automationengine viewer has a function that covers this: blink mode, difference mode and side by side modes. EXTREMELY useful. There doesn't appear to be a ticket to do this for you automatically and generate a report but perhaps that is in a module I don't have.

Hi Chevalier,
That sounds exactly like what I am looking for. Could you be more specific as to where I could find this feature? Is it because I'm using BackStage Pilot 7.6 and not Automation Engine?

Probably. See the attached screenshot.

SCREENSHOT.jpg

See page 128 in this AE12 (help.esko.com) user guide for more details:

Did you check if you have the "FastVariants - check" task? Even on your 7.6 version this task exist but might be unavailable because of licenses.

In AE there is a compare PDF's ticket that will create a PDF showing only the differences as well as an xml file with the differences. It pretty much the same as the viewer compare but in a more automated fashion.

The compare PDF's task is part of the "Processor" module.

There is also a "Compare PDF" ticket which is part of Processor Module for AE. It turns out my processor module hadn't started up since a WindowsUpdate reboot and so the ticket wasn't visible.

I remember now why I didn't remember having that (a confusing statement, I know.). ComparePDF behaves like Acrobat compare which in my opinion is crap and useless. There isn't a way to automate what the viewer is doing as far as I can tell which is what is desired. I just reviewed the what's new AE14 literature this morning and there isn't any note of an improvement in this area.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back