AE 12 and JavaScript for Illustrator

ubb

Hello,
I am looking for a script which does the following:
-open a pdf in Illustrator
-save the pdf as Illustrator Format (Illustrator15), pdfCompatible = false

The new AI-File should be save to the same directory as the pdf.

Esko make an script for InDesign to save pdf, but i need one for Illustrator.

Can someone help me?

regards
ubb

Just curious, was the PDF originally created in Illustrator with Illustrator compatibility on? If not, you may not have much luck trying to use Illustrator as a “PDF converter” (even more so if you are in packaging).

Stephen Marsh

Last edited:
Not sure what the end-game is here, but would this help?

Data Exchange Plug-in is a free and simple to use plug-in for Adobe® Illustrator® that acts as a bridge between Adobe® Illustrator®, and the Esko applications Automation Engine, PackEdge, Plato and ArtPro and between Adobe® Illustrator® and ArtiosCAD.
Free software - Esko

So to be sure, you want a script to open a PDF in AI and save it as a native adobe illustrator file? And you're working with AE? What is your actual goal? Converting PDF files to AI format for further manual prepress tasks in AI?

Not sure what the end-game is here, but would this help?

Data Exchange Plug-in is a free and simple to use plug-in for Adobe® Illustrator® that acts as a bridge between Adobe® Illustrator®, and the Esko applications Automation Engine, PackEdge, Plato and ArtPro and between Adobe® Illustrator® and ArtiosCAD.
Free software - Esko

Again, has nothing to do with the OP!

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back