View X

cele25

I create a spot white color in illustrator CS3 as 50% cyan, when i generate a view x it comes out shows as a different color that i previously used several weeks ago. We are using EskoSuite7.3.

Re: View X

i thought i would see if anyone had similar problems and then contact them with the issue.
thanks

Re: View X

As you know, ViewX is a plugin for Illustrator CS (2 and 3) that can work with centrally stored Press Settings defining press specific characteristics such as:
• the first printable dot,
• its dot gain on a specific substrate,
• the range of the dot gain curve,
• the registration error average and
• the total area coverage (TAC) limit.
You have access to all predefined press settings during your visual inspection in the floating ViewX palette. All within Illustrator!
There are also tools in ViewX for the following:
• Separation Preview
• Densitometer
• TAC Limit Preview
• Plate Preview
• Print Preview
• Registration Error Preview
If you use the ViewX densitometer in the 'white' area, do those match between jobs? If so, are you looking at both jobs in the same preview mode with the same Press Settings? If this does not help, I would definitely give support a call, sounds like something they'd be interested in hearing about. For those who would like more info on ViewX, http://www.esko.com/web/site.aspx?p=390. There is a cool demo movie link on the right-hand side of that page.

peter

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back