Data Exchange for Illustrator settings

Macmann

Can you ESKO experts out there tell me the best settings for this export module? We have team members that are just bringing .ai files into PackEdge without normalizing first. I would like to form a coherent argument for normalizing-or am I wasting my time?

We find it is very helpful to come out of Illustrator as a normalized PDF. With Normalized PDF you get all the extra XMP information that PackEdge can take advantage of (barcodes, inks, layers, named objects etc....) My guess is that PackEdge will open a NPDF with better results then a .ai file.

As far as settings go. We embed all images, outline fonts, Expand patterns and convert blended objects to images

jeffkin15,

Thanks for the input-you've confirmed my suspicions. I liked the Normalized files better as well.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back