Collapse
Canon
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screen page hot folder

Is there a file name limitation when screening using a hot folder? I have done many 1-ups thru a hot folder but the job I am working on now won't work (comes up with can't find image error even though I have the folder defined in the open artpro module).

The only diff I can see is that the images have file names with longer names then usual like this : 10546_8C_6f_smpÆ’.tif

Thanks

Re: Screen page hot folder

I've experienced a filename limitation when trying to open a PSTI file in Insight from within Nexus. I then did a right click on the job in the job list and chose 'Reveal', which revealed the job folder and the names, which were truncated. However, I haven't had a problem with the filename when screening. Have you checked the template in the problem module and manually give it a shorter name length limitation (or perhaps told it to use PMS instead of PANTONE, which would shorten the name a little)? Then retry the module? It might work. Hope this helps.

Don

Comment

Actually, looking at the filename you've given, do you have other filenames with the funny f at the end before the extension? Maybe that character is the problem?

Don

Comment

This SP WF is set up to open Artpro file/print file/mergeoppo/interpretPS/assemble screen page/copy file

Problem happens when open Artpro file can't find the images in the folder I specified.

I thought that funny F was the problem but I have others without it and it still bombs thats why I thought there must be some kind of file length limit?

Comment

I just knwo I have had a problem opening a file from within the workflow when the name on the original was too long, and I had to open it manually. So the short answer is yes there are limitations, and if the name is getting shortened using a tilde, it won't open except manually from the finder and then choosing the CT (which is truncated itself). Of course I'm talking about a ripped file where you're talking about an ArtPro file. I would shorten the name to a very short name (keep the strange f in there just for a test) and see if it will work. If it doesn't, remove the strange f, keep the filename short and try again. I think when I tried to come up with limitations for Nexus for file name length, I counted backwards from what the limitation is, subtracted the longest PMS name I could and four for dot and extension, and came up with (I think) 19 characters that my filename could be throughout my workflow (which still has the tilde/non opening problem at times, so I figure it's the length of the original name that's causing it).

Don

Comment

4OverStandard FinishingDuploSmartsoft (Presswise)AleyantCanonKBA
          4OverStandard FinishingDuploAleyantCanonGraph Expo4 PeesLabelexpoKBAKBA

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5155 users online. 82 members and 5073 guests.

Most users ever online was 6,597 at 10:25 AM on 04-20-2018.

Working...
          X