Basic question on products/jobs concepts

mthomas42

Working in an Esko system now and I administrator the Esko AE system. If anyone that uses the products/jobs way Esko recommends, when you add a single label working file for job, when do you add it as a product- at the beginning or at the end? We use an archive folder and a work folder. We are going to make our archive folder the products storage location and the work folder will be the jobs location. I'm a little lost to know when a single label working file would become the product? I like the products/jobs structure but there must a best practices that people use that I can "borrow" that could help out. Also, is there a smartname for the output state that when picked on the "Wait for Action (Checkpoint)" task? We use the output state to pick a CSR to receive an email notification that their proof is uploaded into our asset management system.
Thanks in advance.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back