Upgrading from Esko Suite 12.1 to 16 really needed?

shorty83

Hi, I was about to upgrade my current mac OS to a newer version (currently running 10.9) so I can then upgrade my Adobe software. But, before I did that I double checked the system requirements for Esko Deskpak/studio/AE 12.1 and it lists Mac OS 10.9 as the latest operating software it is compatible with. I find it kinda ridiculous that in order to upgrade my Mac OS so I can then upgrade my Adobe software that I would need to upgrade my entire Esko software suite. Is there anyone currently running Esko Suite 12.1 on Mac OS 10.10 or higher?

I'm still on ES 14 running Mac OS 10.10.5. It's such a giant PITA to constantly upgrade when in reality there is no true production benefit. I end up only doing it when it is absolutely necessary.

Shorty83/Schenkadere, it is recommended that you upgrade to current versions as new releases provide bug fixes and improved software performance. In addition based on your licensing you may be able to use additional features/functionality. If you are attempting to upgrade your Adobe Software and use Esko's DeskPack plugins it is most likely your previous plugins will no longer be supported in the latest release of Adobe.

I recommend upgrading to Version 16 if you are under an Esko maintenance contract.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back