questions xml=jdf

xmoles

Hi

What's your experience workflow in XML with AE?
Mis create XML and sent workflow AE?
Prepress autocreate XML ?

What's information should have in XML?
I should connect database and AE?

Thank you

We are in the beginning stages of this same process to plug in XML to create jobs and the products task. Our development people are creating the XML process so I can't speak to that. I have asked for as many fields as I can get upfront for future expansion of different tasks. We do however have XML triggering auto-archiving our in-process PackEdge files at the end of the process after proof approval. One thing I have found using XML this way is it is a trigger for the process but the workflows and tasks are what is carries the info contained in the XML on after the trigger.

xmoles I have 6 years of integrating and developing workflows with AE in all Latin America, XML is the strong and best way to interactive with your MIS/ERP. Of course JDF is a almost perfect to integrate with Automation but is not easy and not all system can export that. Some of my customer have integration since receive files automatic to automatic step repeat without operator intervention.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back