How do you embed images in a normalized file in an AE task without conversion?

mthomas42

I have tried every Esko AE task there is to embed "reference" images into a normalized copy PDF for processing into our plating system (Prinergy) without success. I do not want to convert the copy normalized files to an Acrobat PDF and back again due to rendering issues using that method in Prinergy. I have tried Export Normalized (embed all) but it doesn't seem to work.
I was looking at the AE server Configure> Embedded Images in the Processing Preferences and it is set at 1kb (linked images) and we use a late binding system with a links folder for our CT images and I do not want to set it to 0kb (embed) if that will cause issues with retaining images in other areas of AE and PackEdge.
Do you have your Configure> Processing Preferences> Embedded Images set to 1kb or 0kb and use an image links folder for CT storage and can you embed images in a normalized PDF?

Attachments

• photo6297.jpg
    photo6297.jpg
    117.8 KB · Views: 238
If you do not get the answer here try going to https://www.esko.com/en/Support, look under ‘Contact Support’ and the link to the Esko User Forum. It’s specifically for Esko customers and has as participants Esko users, Esko product managers, and support personal. You will need your Esko ID to sign in with.

PressWise

A 30-day Fix for Managed Chaos

As any print professional knows, printing can be managed chaos. Software that solves multiple problems and provides measurable and monetizable value has a direct impact on the bottom-line.

“We reduced order entry costs by about 40%.” Significant savings in a shop that turns about 500 jobs a month.

Learn how…….

Back